Once you download the SecurlyHome App you are ready to begin managing and tracking your kids’ online activity for all school devices, and home devices if you have the Hub by Securly installed at home.
This article will walk you through the SecurlyHome UI to help you navigate through it seamlessly.
- You need to use your parent portal login credentials to log in to your Hub.
- The ‘Forgot Password’ link would help you regenerate your password in case you forget it.
- The ‘Send me a Link’ button would send an email to your registered email ID and log you into your Hub
- This page gives you quick access to all tabs.
- Clicking the pause button lets you pause internet for all users connected to the Hub.
- This page displays all the activities for your kids’ school devices.
- Clicking the ‘All Activities’ field arrow would expand to show a list of devices connected. You can view detailed activity for any of these kids by clicking that field.
- The Hub activity will also be displayed when you are connected to it.
The menu displays all the tabs available to you - Home, Activity Feed, Flagged by School, Rules, Hub, Manage Devices, Account, Help, and Logout.
- Under the Categories tab, you can toggle the various settings to restrict or allow categories, safe search etc. This page helps you determine how strict your policy would be. Click here to learn how to create policy.
- Under the Sites tab, you would be able to allow and block individual websites at your discretion. To learn more click here.
Flagged by School
- This will display the flagged activity for your kid on the school device filtered as per the school policy. This includes social media posts, searches, Youtube videos etc. that are flagged by Securly’s sentiment analysis algorithm for being suspicious of bullying, self-harm and grief tendencies.
- This is the same as the Flagged Activities that you see in your parent portal. Note that it will not display activity for the Hub.
Hub by Securly
- Clicking the 'Rules' tab lets you set rules for Hub users.
- Feedback lets you send Securly an email with your Feedback about the Hub.
- If you have any problems with the Hub, click 'Help' to view all support articles.
- You can add and remove devices to be filtered on this page.
- Click + to add a device to the Filtered Devices list.
- Click - to remove a device from the Filtered Devices list.
- You can change your password here.
- The FAQs include links to the Securly KB portal where you can find links to all relevant KB articles.
- You can also ask any questions you may have about the SecurlyHome App or parent portal by navigating to the dedicated Google forum link under Parents Community.
- The App version is located at the bottom of the screen.
You can log out of your SecurlyHome app at any time with this.