The Hub setup involves four steps:
- Install SecurlyHome app
- Pair the Hub with your device
- Hardware Installation
- Filter devices
Install SecurlyHome app
You can skip this step if you already use the SecurlyHome app. Please check if you have the latest version and update to use all Hub features on your app.
- Download and install the SecurlyHome app on your mobile phone. You could search for SecurlyHome in your App Store/ Play Store, or use the links below:
- Log in to the SecurlyHome app using your Parent Portal login credentials.
- Navigate to the Hub tab to begin the activation process.
Pair Hub with your device
Scan the QR code located on the back of your Hub. Alternatively, you can enter the MAC ID located alongside the QR code. Note that you need to allow SecurlyHome to access your camera to scan the QR code.
The SecurlyHome app will also guide you through the hardware installation process as part of the Hub activation process.
1. Take out the Hub device
2. Connect the micro-USB cable with the 5v Power Adapter.
3. Insert the micro-USB cable into the Power port.
4. Insert one end of the Ethernet cable into the WAN port.
5. Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to the LAN port of your modem or WiFi router.
6. Turn on the device power. The power light will start glowing green.
7. The Cloud (DNS) light will also start glowing green.
As the last step, you would be prompted by the SecurlyHome app to select devices to be connected to the Hub for filtering. Note that it may take some time to detect and list all devices. This step ensures that your Hub is connected properly and is detecting all devices connected to your network. Note that you can choose to add devices to the Filtered Devices list at a later stage.
You are now all set to begin using the Hub to filter content in your home.
You can visit http://admin.pnphub.com to view the status of your connection and other details of your Hub. To log in use password ‘bysecurly’.
In case activation fails, contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your Hub has not yet been updated to the latest firmware, you can check out the activation process at plugnplayhub.com/start.